Field and Facility Rentals
Thank you for considering Rowland Hall for your next event. If your event aligns with our schedule and policies explained on this page, we invite you to submit a Rental Request Form. Email Coordinator for Outside Events and Groups Amy Homer with questions not answered here.
- Read this page to ensure Rowland Hall is a good fit for your event. Identify which of our rental spaces explained below meets your needs.
- Read the Rental Fee Schedule to determine costs. Rowland Hall sets rental fees based on actual costs for employee time, utilities, and wear and tear to the facilities.
- Submit a Rental Request Form.
- Coordinator for Outside Events and Groups Amy Homer will reply to your request within seven business days.
- Once an event has been approved, Rowland Hall will contact the applicant to confirm rental use, and send an invoice for services.
- Payment will be due seven days prior to the event. Mail checks to: Rowland Hall Accounts Receivable, 720 Guardsman Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108.
- School programing begins July 1 and ends June 30. Rowland Hall is given first priority for use of facilities. Rental requests will be granted as time and schedules allow. Rentals may not disrupt normal school-day operations.
- The school will decline rental requests for holidays and winter break, when the campus buildings are closed—view our calendar for closure dates.
- Field requests will be scheduled after all Rowland Hall activities have been scheduled. Field reservations for non-school activities can be confirmed no sooner than these dates: February 1 for spring sports; May 1 for summer sports; and August 15 for fall sports.
- School facilities may not be used for partisan political activity, birthday parties, or meetings to organize for or promote controversial issues.
- All organizations that have the capacity to supply certification of commercial general liability insurance in a minimum amount of $1 million will be expected to do so prior to the event. Groups that cannot provide insurance will need to be approved on an individual basis by Rowland Hall’s chief financial officer (CFO). If alcohol is to be served at the event, initial approval from the CFO is required. Submit certificate of liability insurance five business days before event.
- The head of school may make exceptions to school policies when the activity is deemed to be of such value to the school or community that allowing the disruption of normal operations or waiver of fees is in the school’s or community’s best interests. Any application for a waiver of fees must be made in writing.
- Cancellation of an event must be made at least seven days prior to the event. User shall be entitled to a refund of fees if cancellation is within this time frame. Any late cancellations will forfeit all fees paid to the school.
This map shows the locations of our McCarthey and Steiner Fields. Click to enlarge.
- Steiner Soccer Fields (Artificial Turf)
- Steiner Natural Grass Field
- McCarthey Campus Sports Field
- McCarthey Campus Quad Field
- Lincoln Street Campus Grass Field
Address: 1481 E Sunnyside Avenue, Salt Lake City, Utah 84105
This area has two fields of artificial turf: the West Practice Field is a smaller practice field, and the East Game Field is a larger, regulation-size game field. Because these fields were built for soccer, they're permanently lined for soccer and no other sport.
Steiner Fields Policies and Restrictions
- Available after 5:30 pm weekdays.
- For insurance reasons, goals are only available at an additional cost. For an additional $40 an hour, a school representative will unlock the goals and remain on the premise during your event.
- A certificate of insurance will be required for all reservations.
- A $500 security deposit is required for all-season team reservations. This charge will appear on your first invoice for payment. This is refundable if there is no damage to the fields during the rental season.
- No dogs or other animals.
- No food or drink (other than water) on the fields.
- No tables or chairs allowed on the fields, but they may be set up on the sidewalk north of fields. Exception: lawn chairs are allowed on fields.
- There are no field lights for after-dark use.
- If the Steiner Fields parking lot is gated, please park in the McCarthey Campus parking lot and walk west to the fields.
- Gate to fields is closed on weekends.
- No metal cleats.
- No gum.
- No smoking.
- No sunflower seeds.
- Fields close if temperatures are 99 degrees and above, or 30 degrees and below.
- McCarthey Campus Chapel
- McCarthey Campus Dining Hall
- McCarthey Campus Fieldhouse Gymnasium
- McCarthey Campus Little Gymnasium
- McCarthey Campus Parlor
- McCarthey Campus Library
- Lincoln Street Campus Library
- Lincoln Street Campus 500-Seat Auditorium
- Lincoln Street Campus Cafeteria
- Lincoln Street Campus Middle School Commons
Address: 843 Lincoln Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
Rowland Hall’s only auditorium is the Larimer Center for the Performing Arts on the Lincoln Street Campus.
- Capacity: 500 seats.
- When requesting this space you must give clear details for any audiovisual equipment and setup needs.
- Available after 4 pm if there are no school rehearsals.
- The fee for this space includes technician fees and a stage technician (school staffed), which is required for any auditorium rental. Large events may also require student stage help. Additional fees for student stage help will be $15/hour.