Student Accounts Receivable Manager
Rowland Hall is an independent school in Salt Lake City serving over 935 students in preschool through twelfth grade. Driven by our vision of inspiring students who make a difference, Rowland Hall sets the standard for teaching and learning excellence in a warm, inclusive environment where students form meaningful relationships that cultivate confidence and self-discovery. Transformational academic and co-curricular programs, including experiential learning opportunities, self-expression through the arts, and a competitive athletic program, ensure students are challenged both inside and outside the classroom. We foster curiosity, compassion, and joy throughout the learning process and graduate young adults who know how to think critically and live with purpose.
Located near the base of the stunning Wasatch Mountain Range and adjacent to the University of Utah, a world-class research university and medical center, Rowland Hall attracts a diverse community of families. The school focuses on recruiting and retaining high-quality employees by offering extensive professional development opportunities, salaries that are competitive with local districts and market rates, and a close-knit, supportive community.
We are seeking a Student Accounts Receivable Manager to join our team in the business office. This position is responsible for managing our student accounts, including billing for tuition and auxiliary programs, receiving and applying payments, and ensuring accounts are current and accurately stated. This position is the primary contact for parents with questions or concerns regarding their school account, therefore a desire and aptitude for working with people is essential.
- Manage the monthly revenue process, ensuring that tuition and charges for auxiliary programs are recorded accurately and timely. Charges may include cafeteria purchases, extended care, transportation, class trips, technology fees, late fees, tuition refund plan premiums, interest, etc.
- Manage cash receipts. This includes depositing cash and checks into the school’s bank accounts, downloading electronic payment activity from our credit card provider, and applying payments to student accounts and the general ledger.
- Work closely with the Director of Financial Aid to properly apply financial aid and scholarship awards to student accounts.
- Coordinate with the admissions office on new student enrollment, ensuring a seamless transition into the school and business office.
- Manage our accounts receivable aging so that accounts are current and actively managed, thereby minimizing the risk of write-offs to the school.
- Provide excellent customer service to our parents. This includes answering questions regarding charges and payments, negotiating payment plans, and enforcing and explaining the policies of the school.
- Create key reports for the Controller and CFO. Such reports include monthly aging accounts, payment plan data, student enrollment, financial hold lists, etc.
- Administer the Carson Smith Scholarship Program with the state of Utah and parent recipients.
- Manage parent applications for tuition refunds with our tuition refund plan provider, ensuring that all school requirements and policies are followed.
- Other responsibilities, as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to move easily between managing financial details and communicating with parents and colleagues. This person should be able to work accurately with data and information from various programs and be able to identify, research and resolve errors or issues as they arise. An inherent sense of curiosity to understand and improve processes is required. This position works closely with a wide range of people, including parents, the admissions team, financial aid committee, and auxiliary program personnel, and therefore the ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills. A firm commitment to excellent customer service and confidentiality are a must.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 3–4 years of experience working in accounts receivables, accounting, or related area
- Extensive experience with Excel, ERP or database systems, online banking tools, and Google Apps
- Attention to detail and strong organization and time management skills
- High school diploma; college degree or credits a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An appreciation for and desire to work in a diverse community
This position is a non-exempt, year-round position and reports directly to the Controller.
How to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rowland Hall is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, believes that each individual is entitled to equal opportunity without regard to sex, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state anti-discrimination laws. Rowland Hall’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.