Classroom Monitor - Beginning School
Rowland Hall is an independent school in Salt Lake City serving 1,000 students in preschool through twelfth grade. Driven by our vision of inspiring students who make a difference, Rowland Hall sets the standard for teaching and learning excellence in a warm, inclusive environment where students form meaningful relationships that cultivate confidence and self-discovery. Transformational academic and co-curricular programs, including experiential learning opportunities, self-expression through the arts, and a competitive athletic program, ensure students are challenged both inside and outside the classroom. We foster curiosity, compassion, and joy throughout the learning process and graduate young adults who know how to think critically. Our recently launched strategic priorities are designed to give students agency and purpose while empowering them to make the world a better place for all.
Located near the base of the stunning Wasatch Mountain Range and adjacent to the University of Utah, a world-class research university and medical center, Rowland Hall attracts a diverse community of families. The school focuses on recruiting and retaining high-quality employees by offering extensive professional development opportunities, salaries that are competitive with local districts and market rates, and a close-knit, supportive community.
This position will supervise children in the lunchroom, on the playground, and in the classroom, ensuring their safety and promoting good behavior.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Arrive in advance of the scheduled shift.
- Safety on the playground is critical; know the playground rules and enforce them. There is a teacher on the playground to support you if needed.
- Playground monitors must monitor the complete playground and circulate the area to prevent dangerous play.
- Assist children in finding their seats.
- Circulate around the children offering to open containers, interact with students, and engage them in conversation.
- Help make the lunchroom experience pleasant for students.
Skills and Requirements
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- Able to communicate clearly with children and teachers
- Childcare experience preferred
Hours: Shifts available Monday through Friday between 11:15 am and 1:30 pm.
Pay: $15 per hour
Benefits: Free lunch, free parking close to U of U, excellent opportunity to work with children
This is a part-time position, reporting to the Beginning School and Lower School Assistant Principal. The anticipated start date is August 23, 2023.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rowland Hall is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, believes that each individual is entitled to equal opportunity without regard to sex, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state anti-discrimination laws. Rowland Hall’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.