Playground Monitor - Lower School
Rowland Hall is an independent school in Salt Lake City serving over 935 students in preschool through twelfth grade. Driven by our vision of inspiring students who make a difference, Rowland Hall sets the standard for teaching and learning excellence in a warm, inclusive environment where students form meaningful relationships that cultivate confidence and self-discovery. Transformational academic and co-curricular programs, including experiential learning opportunities, self-expression through the arts, and a competitive athletic program, ensure students are challenged both inside and outside the classroom. We foster curiosity, compassion, and joy throughout the learning process and graduate young adults who know how to think critically and live with purpose.
Located near the base of the stunning Wasatch Mountain Range and adjacent to the University of Utah, a world-class research university and medical center, Rowland Hall attracts a diverse community of families. The school focuses on recruiting and retaining high-quality employees by offering extensive professional development opportunities, salaries that are competitive with local districts and market rates, and a close-knit, supportive community.
The Playground Monitor will supervise children at play during recess by circulating throughout his/her designated area and ensuring safe play at all times.
- Be on the playground at 11 am at the designated place, ready to supervise, and stay until all students are off the playground
- Circulate in the designated area while monitoring safe play.
- Help children problem solve
- Try to anticipate problem situations and student needs
- Ring the line-up bells if assigned to do so
- Inform teachers and administrators of problems and accidents
- If an accident occurs, fill out an Accident Report Form and submit it to the Assistant Principal
- Read and become familiar with the Playground Monitor’s Handbook and RH Policy and Procedure Manual
- Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- Able to communicate clearly with children and teachers
- Childcare experience preferred
Hours: 11 am–1 pm, Monday–Friday
Pay: $15 per hour
Benefits: Free lunch, free parking close to U of U, an excellent opportunity to work with children.
How to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rowland Hall is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, believes that each individual is entitled to equal opportunity without regard to sex, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state anti-discrimination laws. Rowland Hall’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.