The strategic direction outlined here is a bold and powerful vision—one that builds on our legacy and will positively impact generations to come.
~ Mick Gee, Head of School
Rowland Hall has an enduring legacy of inspiring students who make a difference. We believe in a transformational education that gives students agency and purpose, connects them to their global community, and empowers them to make the world a better place for all. We also believe education should be flexible, evolving alongside the ever-changing needs of our world to ensure that students graduate with the skills they need to succeed.
As an institution that’s long set the standard for teaching and learning excellence, Rowland Hall is uniquely positioned to shape the future of education. Our new vision statement, Developing People the World Needs, partnered with our strategic priorities, will guide this work. By investing in the areas where we see the most opportunity for impact, we’re equipping students of all ages to create knowledge, engage in authentic learning experiences, and discover solutions to real-world problems. We’re also doubling down on our commitment to being a thriving community where everyone belongs.
The strategic direction outlined here is a bold and powerful vision—one that builds on our legacy and will positively impact generations to come. I am honored to be part of this remarkable moment in Rowland Hall’s history and excited about our vision for what’s possible in education. I hope you are too.
Head of School
Our vision is bold, empowering, and momentous.
Our strategic priorities call for us to think creatively, collaborate extensively, and dedicate ourselves to a brighter future for all.
- Invest in a culture that enables Rowland Hall students to become empathic and ethical global citizens
- Ensure that every student, faculty and staff member, parent, and trustee has equity and inclusion fluency and a deep understanding of their responsibility to take action in creating belonging for all
- Become an indispensable partner to educational institutions, nonprofits, and businesses in our region to advance initiatives on equity, ethics, and community engagement
- Increase student choice and voice, with Rowland Hall educators as guides and coaches throughout each student’s learning journey
- Expand opportunities for deep learning, such as student-designed projects and original research that engages students and enables them to be problem solvers, communicators, critical thinkers, and creators
- Build regional, national, and global partnerships to enable strong and meaningful in- and out-of-classroom learning opportunities
- Engage Rowland Hall students in shaping solutions to the world’s hardest problems
- Strengthen key programs such as applied mathematics, engineering, environmental and research science, technology, and entrepreneurship
- Leverage Rowland Hall’s location in one of the fastest growing cities with proximity to the state capitol, research and educational institutions, thriving businesses, and the natural environment to create unique programs
- Unite Rowland Hall’s community on one campus
- Build new state-of-the-art facilities that support programmatic priorities
- Create welcoming, collaborative, flexible-use spaces that support the vision and work of students, teachers, and community partners