Archivist for Rowland Hall's Marketing and Communications Department
Contact: Robert Lainhart
Flexible schedule, working weekdays at least 10 hours/week for at least 4 weeks, between 6/12 and 8/18
Rowland Hall’s Marketing and Communications department seeks an archivist intern for the summer of 2023. The archivist will have the ability to work on a wide variety of projects, including but not limited to these:
- scanning, digitizing, and archiving yearbooks, annual reports, reviews, literary magazines, documents, photos, etc.
- digitizing Mini-DV tapes using an old video camera and computer
- copying CDs onto hard drives and sorting them into photo libraries and Google Drive
- taking 3D scans of physical objects such as memorabilia, artifacts, etc.
- taking 3D scans of athletic trophies, which will be used to create a digital, online trophy room
- sorting through Rowland Hall image libraries, adding keywords, tagging faces, labeling locations, and providing metadata, allowing the libraries to be more searchable and user-friendly
This internship is great for anyone considering a career in marketing, communications, or a related field.
Please Note: While Rowland Hall’s Marketing and Communications department is offering three internships, we will only accept a maximum of two interns.